At that time Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hid these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes.” Luke 10:21
If God decides to hide something,
no amount of intellectual brilliance
can penetrate that veil.
Some attempts by young earth creationists to explain light from distant galaxies and isotope dates in only thousands of years of time include:
- Setterfield’s near infinite speed of light
- Humphreys’ gravitational time dilation
- Lisle’s anisotropic synchrony explanation
- Faulkner’s rapid creation of galaxies (like Adam and trees were full grown)
- Morris’ astronomical events pre-encoded in light beams
- Amunrud’s variable density of space particles
So these Bible believing scientists do not agree. Their flimsy and conflicting evidence for a young universe is, in my opinion, unworthy of any credence.
The arguments for a universe undefined in age and a young biosphere are clear and have never been refuted. But promotion and marketing of this message is another matter with essentially no financial or technical resources to accomplish it. This is an appeal to those who are convinced of the truth and importance of the young biosphere view and who have skills in this area to offer their services for this important work.
– Gorman Gray